Sunday 8 March 2009

Weekends

It's funny. Weekends are supposed to be relaxing, restful, recharge for the week. I very rarely feel that on Sunday evenings. Not that weekdays are MORE restful, it is just the weekends are still exhausting. Considering that I get to sleep in (well, by sleep in I mean until Sebastian wakes up at 7am), I take two afternoon naps, and I still go to bed early, you'd think I would feel rearing to go on Sunday evenings.

Nope.

And it is mostly Sebastian's fault. He still wakes up every two, three hours, whines/whimpers/cries and won't settle down until he's woken me up and forced me to try out every variation of spoon position with him. Plus Lucas wakes up at least once or twice per night to eat.

Anyway, I don't think I started this blog to get into the details of my sleep every night.

Though I have to admit, it feels good to bitch, because I can't really keep bitching with people around me. I mean, noone really cares, and if they do, they don't understand. And I understand that: listening to someone complain when you can't do anything about it is just downright annoying.

HIGHLIGHTS OF MY WEEKEND

Nursing Lucas today. (I only get to do this on weekends and since he was at his grandparents since Thursday, I only got to nurse him today).

Sleeping in yesterday morning. Tiziano took Sebastian when he woke up and I got to snooze until 8:50am.

Throwing pebbles into the lake today with Sebastian.

Petting my dogs Carlos and Pepe: I rarely do this, because they usually jump, bark, and are generally overly agitated. I caught them offguard lounging and dozing on my terrace, so I was able to pet and hug them, and they stayed somewhat calm. (Then Carlos started humping Pepe, so I had to stop).

I think I am going to start doing a Highlights of my Day part to my blog. I think it will help me stay positive. And since happiness is the cause, I can use some self-forced positiveness!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment