Tuesday 12 May 2009

Mother's Day and other bullshit holidays that I care about...

Yes, I do care about getting spoiled rotten for Mother's Day. Yes, even though I know it is bull. A commercial scam. An illusion of appreciation. A flowershop's dream.

But I want to be appreciated!!!! I want people (i.e., my husband and my kids) to show me they appreciate all I do JUST because I am a mother. Even though Tiziano shows me in a million different ways that he appreciates me...

...

...well, actually, no, he doesn't ever really show me he appreciates me...

...

...even MORE reason to spoil me rotten on this ONE day of the year!!!

Of all the holidays in the year, the only ones I really care about are Mother's Day and my birthday. And I very shamelessly remind Tiziano when these important dates are approaching. "Three weeks to my bday, love!" ... "Two weeks to my bday, love!" "One week to my bday, love!" "Did I ever tell you how much I LOVE surprises?" "Birthday is the day after tomorrow, love!" etc.

And he STILL manages to fudge it up. Running the night before to the local jeweller's and asking for whatever there is in silver that is in his budget.

I should just give up. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment