Wednesday 7 December 2011

freedom!

I have not been this happy to offload the kids at in-law's in a long, long, while. Not only has Seb continued behaving like a complete a**, but work has started on the house, which means hubby is never home, and all the home-making duties and responsibilities has fallen on my shoulders.

What a month!!

And it culminated in a trip to the emergency room and a weekend where the whole family had the stomach flu last week.

I know, I know, how do I do it, you ask.

By losing my s**t on average once a day for the past 4 weeks. Average means there are days where I lost it more than once. It is scary how easy it is to slide into this vicious circle of intolerance leading to/resulting from misbehaving and stress. Two mornings ago, I told Sebastian I wanted to throw him off the balcony. That I wanted to send him to a country where he would learn what hunger really is...

Alas.

I slept through the night last night for the first time in months. I feel a whole other person. I am sitting here with my coffee, looking out at the lake and finally appreciating my life and my family. Sigh... It is so much easier to appreciate them when they're not around!

No comments:

Post a Comment