Wednesday 22 December 2010

birthday party

So last week, I had a birthday party for Sebastian and we invited 4 of his friends from "school": Greta, Christian, Davide, Diego. I was so happy that he actually had names of kids he wanted to invite. Only Greta and Christian came, but it was so wonderful! They were both such sweet little children, and I could tell that he made friends with the shyest kids in school. Sebastian is veritably enamoured of Greta. As he should be! She follows him everywhere! Everywhere he walks, she's right behind him walking in his steps. Craziness! I've never seen anything like it. Of course, I don't want to sexualize little kids, but I can't help but wonder what attracts kids to each other. In Buddhism, you are attracted to yourself. Your environment is a reflection of yourself. Plus you add karma, and interconnected dynamics, and it becomes quite obvious the kind of people and relationships one has. Or rather, the relationships are like a mirror of the person at any given moment.

I am very proud of the fact that Sebastian is "attracted" and "attracts" such a sweet, gentle little girl. And the little boys were shy, but normal and fun-looking.

Diego even gave us a gift even though they couldn't make it! I can't wait to see more of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment