Tuesday 3 August 2010

losing it at bedtime

Every evening, I determine to not lose my shit with the kids, to just go with the flow, chill out and not try to hurry through things. Kids will be kids, and there is no rush to get their pyjamas on, etc.

But, every evening, I lose my shit.

Sometimes it shows, sometimes it doesn't, but I lose it in my head either way.

The latest form of Sebastian's torture it crying inconsolably crying "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" asking for anything and everything: my hand, to sleep in my bed, for me to get into bed with him, to hug him, just to respond to him. I've tried scolding him, I've tried shushing him gently, I've tried ignoring him, I've tried positive rewards, I've prepared him through the day for what is to come at night, I've explained why big boys sleep in big boys beds, I've tried EVERYTHING.

And every evening, it escalates and escalates until I have to leave the bedroom with murder in my heart, and he is yelling at the top of his lungs. Hubby or nanny goes in, and it stops - within 5 minutes he's asleep.

Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Please let me know so I can find a solution!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment