Tuesday 3 August 2010

losing the nanny

So it turns out we won't be having my good friend as our live-in nanny this year. I am both sad and relieved: sad, because she's like an aunt to the kids, and almost like family; sad, because it was like having a sleep-over the whole year; sad, because having a live-in offered freedom in the evenings and weekends, and last-minute babysitting needs; relieved, because there won't be anymore tension between hubby and nanny; relieved, because I don't have to worry about the needs of an extra person in the house; relieved, because there will be no more risk of some accident with the kids under the influence, which would have left us all with lifelong regret.

We will put Lucas in daycare, and hope that we find a regular babysitter for the occasional evening or weekend. And I don't want my mother-in-law to be that person! Crossing my fingers...

No comments:

Post a Comment