Tuesday 16 June 2009

Viva cortisone!

Cortisone has saved my life. I woke up two days ago (well, woke up is a positive way of describing what I did after the terrible night I had), with my hands pussing non-stop, burning, cut, in agony.

Tiziano forced me to go to the Emergency at the hospital. I did. I cried like a baby. They immediately gave me a shot of cortisone in my butt, and wrote out a super duper prescription of high doses of cortisone and antihistamines for a week.

Well, now, just two short days later, I have just about NOTHING on my hands! The sheer freedom of being able to use my hands to pick up the kids, change their diapers, feed them, bathe them, put their clothes on, bla, bla, bla. I am loving being a mother again!!!

Only downside is that I have insomnia, and a little nauseau at times.

I really hope this doesn't return when I stop the drugs. Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out...

No comments:

Post a Comment