Wednesday 10 November 2010

self-play, exploratory play

Yes, I have to ask - when the heck is it too much??? I never thought I would get prudish with my kids - I've heard too many horror stories of crazy/perverted/uptight/OCD people who were excessively repressed in their childhood, or were taught to be ashamed of their bodies, their sexuality, blah, blah, blah.

But I never really thought I would see one of my boys straddling one another and full-on humping each other in the bath.
Or one of them rubbing their wee-wee against the potty, giggling at his little erection.
Or having them tickle each other in their butts and wee-wees...
And wanting above all to play with mother's milk jugs when they are technically no longer milk jugs.

Yeah. I know. And there's more, but I won't get into the details.

There is no way in heck that I want my boys to think there is anything wrong with their beautiful little bodies, their beautiful little selves, inside OR out. Or them to think that the source of their food just a little while ago can now never be touched. But is there a point when I am supposed to say "No, you can't do that because it's wrong"?

And when Sebastian asks why?

No comments:

Post a Comment