Friday 23 July 2010

"home" sweet "home"

Yes, "home" seems to be Italy now. Craziness. I don't know whether that is because my trip "home" to Montreal was so tiring and difficult, or whether is is just the force of being here for 6 years. But, that's it. Home is localita Ronchi di Campagnano, with hubby. It is quite frightening to acknowledge that. What happens if hubby dies? I couldn't stay here... could I?

I won't start worrying about that right now.

The moment I arrived home from the airport, I got a second wind. Our beautiful yard, the beautiful view, the quiet, the peace, the open space in our living area, the birds, the fresh food, hubby's warm embrace and frenzied doing. I am already back in my comfort zone and feel like I never left. The kids are happy here too. They are sleeping well, playing easily, eating and just thriving. Why do I ever leave?

No comments:

Post a Comment